|Add Date:||2015-07-24||Pull Date:||2015-09-25||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Sep 27||Sep 20||Sep 13||Sep 6||Aug 30||Aug 23||Aug 16||Aug 9|
|1.||Aug 14, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Sep 26, 2015)
|4.||Jun 26, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Aug 8, 2015)
|2.||Aug 07, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Sep 19, 2015)
|5.||Jun 19, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Aug 1, 2015)
|3.||Jul 10, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Aug 22, 2015)
|6.||May 31, 2016:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood
BOLO also means “talk” in Hindi and I wonder if that is where the name of the self-titled
album is drawn from.
Play any track. They all work.
1. Xongo is a tribute to a Yoruba diety of West Africa. Interesting vocals.
2. Interesting fusion of bansuri or Indian flute with West African harp that forms the music bed for a a bhajan or Indian prayer or spiritual song. Beautiful.
3. Soulful vocal that starts slow & mid-way changes course & the musicians pick up their pace & tempo. Very nice.
4. Fast-faced track with an acoustic sound.
5. Haunting opening notes on the flute. Slow & mesmerizing & turns into a fast-paced tune.
6. Malian/Indian/Middle East influence in the opening chords & then the vocals kick in.
7. Beautiful & soothing with some vocals. Mix of West African/Indian.
8. Wonderful & infectious with a vocal line from Ali Farka Toure. Mix of West Africa/Middle East
Kamla July 2015