|Artist:||El Gato Dice||Added:||Jul 2015|
|Label:||El Gato Dice|
|Add Date:||2015-07-10||Pull Date:||2015-09-11|
|Week Ending:||Sep 13||Aug 30||Aug 16||Aug 9||Aug 2||Jul 26||Jul 19|
|1.||Jun 19, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Aug 1, 2015)
|4.||Aug 12, 2015:||Brownian Motion
|2.||Sep 10, 2015:||Clean Copper Radio
|5.||Aug 03, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff
|3.||Aug 28, 2015:||ITYOTET: Two Boxes Of Magnetized Toner
|6.||Aug 01, 2015:||Music Casserole
All tracks FCC Clean
This is the second official CD by El Gato Dice and offers an eclectic mix of songs, some simply as duos, some trios, some as a five-piece. The CD has a kind of melancholic feel, like Death Cab versus the Smiths. It is post-punk/ Indie Adult AAA. FCC Clean.
**Best Tracks: 5 and 7
1. Matador- one minute moody instrumental sounding like a sad matador who reaches a melancholic ending with his bull. Compare to a Cure or Smiths intro.
2. Clean-post punk lead track with indie rock verses and quirky oriental scales and vocal chants. And a big chorus.
3. Trap- post punk tongue in cheek number about someone who gets the best of you EVERY time. Very Chapel Hill/DC sounding.
4. So Say- more traditional El Gato Dice sound- a melancholic song, not really sad but powerful in the verses. A celebratory melancholy like Radiohead before they got really far out.
**5. Haymaker- tongue in cheek country-alt-rocker that would be quite at home on a Bonneroo stage complete with slide guitar and three part harmonies! (1st ever)
6 Walk A Mile- a love story about ghosts, or at least seeing what you WANT to see. Indie but has an arena feel and mass chorus ending.
**7. Insatiable- this 6 minute instrumental defies logic and breaks the mold- and is the biggest hit so far! It's part spy movie, part space odyssey, with a shoegaze end not to be missed. It's actually about a robot and his day at work.
8. Rain Song- broody, powerful 90s post punk rocker about- rain! And water water everywhere.
9. In Defense- the 1st song written from the list of 10- it’s just a defiant little rocker a/la Wire meets the Foo Fighters
10. Walk A Mile- released in acoustic format in 2013, it was brought back as the perfect comedown for the 9 electric tracks that came before it.
|1.||Matador||6.||Walk A Mile|
|4.||So Say||9.||In Defense|
|5.||Haymaker||10.||Walk A Mile (Acoustic)|