|Miller, Sidney / Linguas De Fogo|
|Album:||Linguas De Fogo||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Miller, Sidney||Added:||Jun 2015|
|Label:||Sol Re Sol Records|
|Add Date:||2015-08-07||Pull Date:||2015-10-09||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Oct 11||Oct 4||Sep 27||Sep 20||Sep 13||Sep 6||Aug 23||Aug 16|
|1.||Mar 07, 2022:||Melange (rebroadcast from Oct 1, 2015) |
|4.||Aug 07, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Sep 19, 2015) |
|2.||Aug 16, 2021:||Melange (rebroadcast from Oct 1, 2015) |
|5.||Jul 10, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Aug 22, 2015) |
No Quarto Das Mocas
|3.||Aug 14, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Sep 26, 2015) |
|6.||Aug 29, 2019:||Global Ginga with Kim |
Um Dia Qualquer, Dois Toques
This is a reissue of Sidney Miller’s third album, Línguas de Fogo. It was originally released in 1974. “A seamless mesh of Brazilian pop, psychedelia, and Bossa Nova, Linguas De Fogo could be mistaken as Tropicalia (if Miller hadn’t distances himself from the genre),” according to the press release. Línguas de Fogo is a very noteworthy recording where pre-psych-folk ballads, go-go numbers, fuzzy guitars, and Bossa Nova sounds coexist effortlessly.|
RIYL: Alceu Valença, Novos Baianos, Caetano Veloso, Os Mutantes, and, 1968’s LP, Tropicália: ou Panis et Circencis.
Recommended Tracks: 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 11
1. (4:04) Cicatrizes – Mellow ballad with a great psychedelic chourus. Sounds very 1960’s.
2. (2:26) *Um Dia Qualquer – Standard late 1960’s pop arrangement. It sounds timeless.
3. (4:40) Línguas de Fogo – The ballads are getting more rhythmic and psychedelic. Pop goes the world.
4. (2:20) **Dos Anjos – Classic Brazilian pop with a go-go beat. Short but sweet.
5. (1:54) *Alô – Tropicalia meets The Beatles. Another short gem.
6. (3:29) **Pala-Palavra – Tropicalia territory. Mellow tune with lots of fuzzy guitars playing in the background.
7. (2:52) *No Quarto Das Moças – Pop exercise with a jazzy piano leading the way. Interesting.
8. (3:14) Sombrasileiro – Ballad with playful vocal effects and a psych-folk feeling.
9. (3:23) Espera – Another mellow tune with psychedelic touches. Nice vocal melody.
10. (2:54) Alento – Acoustic track with Spanish guitar solo and dramatic vocals.
11. (3:58) **Dois Toques – Tropicalia meets The Grateful Dead. The song is mostly layers of guitar solos. Groovy.
|2.||Um Dia Qualquer||7.||No Quarto Das Mocas|
|3.||Liguas De Fogo||8.||Sombrasileiro|