|Artist:||Der Weg Einer Freiheit||Added:||Jun 2015|
|Label:||Season of Mist|
|Add Date:||2015-07-10||Pull Date:||2015-09-11|
|Week Ending:||Aug 9||Jul 26||Jul 19|
|1.||Aug 04, 2015:||Sounds of the Underworld
|3.||Jul 14, 2015:||Sounds of the Underworld
|2.||Jul 21, 2015:||Sounds of the Underworld
|4.||Jun 30, 2015:||Sounds of the Underworld
Label: Season of Mist
Reviewer: Dark Emperor
Redefining Black Metal, this German band delivers one of the most viciously face-melting albums of 2015. Mixing melody and brutality like no others, “Stellar” is one of those albums that has no weak songs and will guarantee you to be blown away. For fans of Anorexia Nervosa, Vesania, Emperor, Carach Angren, Eis and Agrypnie.
1. (08:41). Ravaging brutality ensues with hyper-fast drums and harsh vocals, as it progresses it mellows out. (4 out of 5).
2. (08:22). Slowly building to massive catharsis, the riffing is vicious but the tempo changes are what make the magic here. (5 out of 5).
3. (06:00). This reminds us of old-school Graveworm, but with all the melody coming from the guitars. Intense is an understatement for this track. (5 out of 5).
4. (03:31). Blistering drumming, demoralizing riffs and a huge dose of hate transmitted by the crushing vocals. (5 out of 5).
5. (09:15). First few minutes deliver furious traditional BM-riffage, then it morphs into melodic worship with some very cool guitar-based melodic interludes on a slower tempo. (5 out of 5).
6. (12:17). I am already tired for the band’s drummer… jeez what a level of intensity. After a few blistering minutes this also turns into an exploratory and minimalist piece with vibrant guitar leads and an oppressive atmosphere. (6 out of 5)
7. (4:08). Acoustic post-rock-ish bonus track. Not bad, but a bit out of place. (3.5 out of 5).
8. (4:58). Wolves in the Throne Room anybody? Certain Cascadian BM feeling in this slowly paced majestic song. (5 out of 5).