|Add Date:||2015-05-29||Pull Date:||2015-07-31|
|Week Ending:||Aug 2||Jul 26||Jul 19||Jul 5||Jun 21||Jun 14||Jun 7||May 31|
|1.||Jun 15, 2017:||night tapes #8
Meet Me With Ease
|4.||Aug 03, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff
|2.||Apr 29, 2017:||Reckless Burning
|5.||Aug 03, 2015:||In The Year 1000, 8000: Summer School (Session 3)
|3.||Apr 20, 2017:||night tapes #1
|6.||Jul 28, 2015:||Meow After Midnight
Vancouver, BC band specializing in noisy, dissonant shoegaze/rock. Most of the songs on this (second) release feel vaguely like they are about an overcast, grey day at the beach one summer past. Layers of understated gloomy haze, mostly cold to muted in color. Male vox, No FCCs detected. Try* 1, 7, 9, 10.
RIYL No Joy, Crystal Stilts, Cloud Nothings, Purling Hiss, MBV derivatives …
1. *Muscles (3:58) mid. feedback, low hook builds up slowly, jaded sound. some angsty screaming towards end. great opener.
2. Stay in the Summer (2:57) mid. fuzzfest, overcast surfy vibe again
3. Thousand Pounds (2:56) mid to fast. opens fast, later some cool drums and midtempo room to breathe. wistful nasal grungy boy.
4. Meet Me with Ease (2:48) fast. driving energetic MBV.
5. Depending On (3:38) med-fast. interesting beat. sort of nostalgic, has this occasional riff like the intro to Weezer’s Sweater Song. fade out = full minute of feedback and fuzz
6. Puncture (3:10) fast. scream open. upbeat, driven, scratchy catchy, last 1:10 is eerie siren-like synths and static
7. *Hiding Spot (2:31) mid. great. one of the more melodic tracks. like early DCfC or BtS l if Doug and Ben had deeper voices.
8. Never Leave (3:48) fast. noise party!!! then more melodic, monotone vox, like #1 but not as interesting. oh, screaming too
9. *Yr Songs (2:26) mid. toms, pounding yet relaxed, very nice
10. *They Don’t Ask Me (5:41) med-slow. epic, sludgey, vaguely pretty, and around 2:35 a slow stripped-down bass section creeps in. leads to a warm, hazy sunset-like coda.
|2.||Stay In The Summer||7.||Hiding Spot|
|3.||Thousand Pounds||8.||Never Leave|
|4.||Meet Me With Ease||9.||Yr Songs|
|5.||Depending On||10.||They Don't Ask Me|