|Artist:||Xuxa Santamaria||Added:||Apr 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-05-02||Pull Date:||2015-07-03|
|Week Ending:||Jul 5||May 31||May 24||May 17||May 10|
|1.||Jun 03, 2021:||Rebroadcast: Magnetized Toner
Twelfth Of Never
|4.||Jun 06, 2017:||Magnetized Toner
|2.||May 13, 2021:||Alphabet Soup
|5.||Apr 04, 2017:||Magnetized Toner
|3.||Feb 26, 2019:||Magnetized Toner
Twelfth Of Never
|6.||Nov 22, 2016:||Magnetized Toner
Here’s something else about the record from the official press release: “This mixtape takes on as its concept questions of our relationship to money, debt, desire, power, revulsion, and, mixed-feelings. It will become available as a limited edition cassette soon and will also be available for free DL online”.
RIYL: Lene Lovich, Violeta Vil, Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Grimes, and, early recording by Mexico’s record label, Nuevos Ricos.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, and 6
1. (3:49) *Conquistador – 1940’s tropical music melody inspired piece with a great synthesizer riff, seductive vocals and a great beat. Play it!
2. (3:47) **Twelfth of Never – Dancy beat, entrancing vocals and overall a great production, makes this track one of my favorites on the album.
3. (4:15) *La Red – Dark, evocative recording with a great melody. It will make Lene Lovich proud.
4. (3:53) Belshazzar – Energetic track with killer keyboard riffs and spare vocals.
5. (4:05) Quintana Roo – Slow poppy track with a beautiful melody and nice vocal effects.
6. (4:05) **Hollywood Babylon – A hypnotic gently built track with minimalist instrumentation and the catchiest chorus I have heard in a while. My favorite track on the record.
|2.||Twelfth Of Never||5.||Quintana Roo|
|3.||La Red||6.||Hollywood Babylon|