|Label:||Polyvinyl Record Co.|
|Add Date:||2015-04-03||Pull Date:||2015-06-05|
|Week Ending:||Jun 7||May 31||May 24||May 17||May 10||May 3||Apr 26||Apr 19|
|1.||Apr 03, 2021:||Rebroadcast: Music Casserole
|4.||Jun 05, 2015:||A-philiac
Retriever, Competition, Precipitation
|2.||Apr 27, 2017:||satin fever
|5.||Jun 05, 2015:||Time Traveler
|3.||Dec 11, 2015:||A Visit From Drum (Best of '15)
|6.||Jun 04, 2015:||A Visit From Drum
San Francisco duo Dodos create pleasant, energetic indie rock music with winding guitar parts and tom-heavy drumming. A solid addition to the slew of amazing releases in 2015.
Others: Grizzly Bear, Animal Collective, Local Natives.
Favorites: 4, 1, 9, 2, 7. No FCCs.
1. (6:11) *** Distorted guitar…slow and atmospheric. Gains momentum a minute in with bounding tom drumming. Great opening track. Math rock feel in the second half.
2. (3:25) *** Poppy, upbeat. Nice background vox. Big thumping drumming.
3. (3:13) Mid. Fluttering guitar. More of the same stuff.
4. (3:19) ***** Love this track. Perfect driving drum groove and percussive guitar playing.
5. (3:54) ** Calm, pretty. Folkier vibe. Nice little finish
6. (4:33) ** Locked in guitar/drum pattern. Builds to frenetic climax and then returns to initial feel.
7. (4:36) *** Mid/Fast. Playful guitar…thunderous drumming as always. Epic.
8. (2:24) Tribal incantation drums…lower register vocals. Nice change of pace. Alt-folk guitar.
9. (7:06) *** Morricone guitar line + excellent drumming = a favorite. Back half gets a bit noisy and unhinged. Tense. Cool closing track.
|2.||The Tide||6.||Goodbyes And Endings|