|Artist:||Bridges, Jeff||Added:||Mar 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-03-13||Pull Date:||2015-05-15||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||May 17||May 10||May 3||Apr 26||Apr 19||Apr 12||Apr 5||Mar 29|
|1.||Mar 20, 2021:||Rebroadcast: Music Casserole
|4.||May 12, 2015:||In Your Ear Radio
|2.||Oct 09, 2017:||In Your Ear Radio - 2 of 2 Tonight
Hummmmmmm, Sleep. Dream. Wakeup, Introduction (Good Evening)
|5.||May 09, 2015:||Mix Tape
Sleep. Dream. Wakeup
|3.||Dec 17, 2015:||Home on the Range
Seeing With My Eyes Closed, Hummmmmmm, Sleep. Dream. Wakeup
|6.||May 05, 2015:||In Your Ear Radio
Sleep. Dream. Wakeup, See You At The Dreaming Tree
No FCCs. Play anything (though check the times; some are long; some are short)
1. (2:14) ***** Swirly eerie sounds. Footsteps in gravel. "Sleeping tapes, I love what that implies..." Bridges wishes you luck with this album.
2. (2:09) *** Quiet start. Repetition of "sleep. dream. wakeup" with weird layered vocals, sounds like frogs at night. Gets doomy and dark; fades away.
3. (1:25) *** Sweet soft chimes, fuzzy. No talking on this one.
4. (2:53) **** "one of the things i do to relax... is to hum". Jeff Bridges hums (actually, sings) scratchily; soothing soft fill joins him. Soft and slow, peacful. Sound of children playing joins in for last 40 seconds.
5. (1:30) *** Echoey dialogue with Mr. Bridges and his wife-- "why don't you join me in humming"... she's skeptical. warpy, wind sounds throughout. She leaves.
6. (3:06) ** Children playing. Jeff Bridges talks to them and their parents. "I'll see you in my dreams." Eerie chimes join in for last forty seconds.
7. (0:54) *** "want a glass of water?" short track, soft backing; Jeff Bridges expounds on water.
8. (0:55) *** Water-plunking sounds, poetic reading. Lightning breaks, then rain. Hypnotic.
9. (1:06) **** Noodling saxophone over the water-plunking sounds. A story about a saxophonist using Silly Putty. Short and weird; some warp-o effects.
10. (1:03) **** Dry timbre. "When I die..." some robotic-type filters, over eerie bleepy noises. Nightmarish, but still sweet...
11. (2:25) ***** Delicate woodwindish sounds, new agish monologue about your keys... sounds like he's hypnotizing you, "you will rise to kiss me now". With long soft fade-out.
12. (11:04) ****** (non-fcc: "ass", just fwiw) The LONG track here. A hike through Temescal Canyon, narrated insistently. Waving to a hiker. Dog and office chair. Pretending to be crows. (Foley work and soft droney lush sounds throughout) Babbling brook, and train. Skipping stones. Spanish Conquistadors. Reaching the top, hanggliding. -- sounds become more ethereal. Weird, wonderful.
13. (3:27) **** Synthy plunking. Jeff Bridges gives you affirmations, many right after another. Choral "ah"ing in background.
14. (5:18) ** Jeff Bridges ponders philosophically about what he is seeing, a mote in his eyelids. Very mumbly, compared to the rest.
15. (3:44) A toilet filling, Jeff Bridges loves the sound. "You've reached the end of this album." He recommends re-starting it; (old carnival music, echoey, enters)-- he plugs No Kid Hungry.org. It fades out with weird echoey repetition of 'we're all in this together'
|1.||Introduction (Good Evening)||8.||The Raven|
|2.||Sleep. Dream. Wakeup||9.||The Hen|
|3.||Chimes For Dreams||10.||Ikea|
|5.||Goodmorning, Sweetheart||12.||Temescal Canyon|
|6.||See You At The Dreaming Tree||13.||Feeling Good|
|7.||A Glass Of Water||14.||Seeing With My Eyes Closed|
|15.||Goodnight (We're All In This Together)|