|Trash Kit / Confidence|
|Artist:||Trash Kit||Added:||Jan 2015|
|Label:||Upset! The Rhythm|
|Add Date:||2015-01-30||Pull Date:||2015-04-03|
|Week Ending:||Apr 5||Mar 22||Mar 15||Mar 8||Mar 1||Feb 22||Feb 15||Feb 8|
|1.||Apr 20, 2015:||Shytown |
|4.||Mar 17, 2015:||Setting Fire to the Lab |
|2.||Apr 03, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
|5.||Mar 12, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
|3.||Apr 02, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
|6.||Mar 09, 2015:||Shytown: Women's Day |
Indie rock / post punk / lo-fi. UK rock that is angular, a little edgy, a little punk, a little pop, and sometimes messy noise. Three members, two Rachel’s and a Ray. Most songs begin with a repetitive angular guitar riff and are carried by vocal harmonies. The percussion and drum patterns are what makes this album interesting and different. RIYL: Abe Vigoda***, Les Savy Fav, Marnie Stern, The Raincoats, Q and Not U, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Wetdog|
No FCC’s. Play any track.
1. (3:05) Beach Babe. *** Repetitive and pretty guitar. Snare rolls. Jumpy, angular, beat, a little rushed while trying to feel mellow. Good track.
2. (3:54) Medicine. ** Upbeat and driving, mix of percussion, electric guitar and tenor saxophone.
3. (2:19) Big Feeling. **Guitar riff, same recipe, percussion heavy.
4. (2:13) Skin. **More repetitive riffs. Punky vocals. Minimal beginning, gets feels a little mathy.
5. (1:47) Hair. *Same recipe, bass heavy.
6. (3:10) Leaves. *More repetitive guitar. Less messy and less noisy. Less abrasive.
7. (2:32) Boredom. ** Messy and angular guitar driven rock. Breaks down into noisy mess later in song.
8. (2:45) Cinema. **Like other tracks, lays down a repetitive guitar riff, then harmonized vocals.
9. (1:54) Cheshire Cat. Interesting percussion and vocal harmonies.
10. (2:11) Teeth. **Edgy and strange. “I had a dream, I lost my teeth.” Fast and pulsating.
11. (3:29) Shyness. *** Electric guitar, backing vocals, angular percussion, saxophones