|Album:||Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Panda Bear||Added:||Jan 2015|
|Label:||Domino Recording Company|
|Add Date:||2015-01-23||Pull Date:||2015-03-27|
|Week Ending:||Mar 29||Mar 15||Mar 8||Mar 1||Feb 22||Feb 15||Feb 8||Feb 1|
|1.||Oct 31, 2018:||Being as an ocean
Come To Your Senses
|4.||Jun 16, 2016:||Life Aquatic
|2.||Aug 12, 2017:||night tapes 13
Tropic Of Cancer
|5.||Jun 02, 2016:||Ode to Year One
Come To Your Senses
|3.||Jun 23, 2016:||Life Aquatic
|6.||May 05, 2016:||All Passion No Technique
Favorite: 6, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 1, 7, 12
1. (3:36) ** Watery chords and distant vocal coos. Church chorus feel. Minimal percussion and gentle squelchy samples. Last ~40 seconds slightly eerie warped fade out.
2. (4:15) **** Oscillating glitchy textures. Little dog yelps. Becomes big bassy groove. Totally hypnotic repetitive singsong vocals. Noah at his most infectious. Nice little synth melody near the end.
3. (0:35) Squiggly ambient interlude.
4. (3:36) *** Pure pop and it’s wonderful. Love the vocals on this song. Really dense backdrop and an almost hip-hop beat. Outro becomes
5. (3:07) *** Latin groove. Vocals buried further back in the mix than other tracks. Vocal mantra that feels like it just go on for infinity.
6. (4:12) **** Hulking beat with flanged textures. Ultra catchy back-and-forth vocals. I can listen to Panda Bear sing to himself all day long.
7. (7:24) ** Starts with "Centipede Hz"-esque radio transmission garbled samples. Locked dubby groove and whirring ambient noise. Panda Bear meditates on artistic creation and progress. Last ~1:00 is instrumental alien noise outro.
8. (6:13) *** Mournful horns. Icy “Tomboy” atmosphere. Nice little Tchaikovsky sample. Really tragic gorgeous song about his father who died of cancer a few years ago. Much more sedate than the first half of the album.
9. (0:18) Super short glitchy instrumental.
10. (4:19) *** Super beautiful piano. Panda sings in a deeper register here. Very similar pace to track 7. Reminds me a little of Scheherazade from his last album.
11. (4:55) Slightly distorted Pandy vox and a bright upbeat melody. Not my favorite thing on this album but definitely has a pop appeal.
12. (5:05) *** Insistent synth line. Slowly more layers are added. Love the vocals on this track.
13. (3:43) ** Simple beat and whirring electronics. Peaceful, contented vibe. Transitions into a cool little flurry of noise before returning back into the main refrain. Great last song for a show.
|1.||Sequential Circuits||7.||Come To Your Senses|
|2.||Mr. Noah||8.||Tropic Of Cancer|
|3.||Davey Jones Locker||9.||Shadow Of The Colossus|
|5.||Butcher Baker Candlestick Maker||11.||Principe Real|
|6.||Boys Latin||12.||Selfish Gene|