|Budos Band, The / Burnt Offering|
|Artist:||Budos Band, The||Added:||Oct 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-10-17||Pull Date:||2014-12-19|
|Week Ending:||Dec 14||Dec 7||Nov 30||Nov 23||Nov 16||Nov 9||Nov 2||Oct 26|
|1.||Jul 20, 2022:||Some Songs Without Words |
Into The Fog
|4.||Apr 13, 2016:||funk to fiddle |
|2.||Jan 30, 2019:||Goggles Optional |
|5.||Nov 12, 2015:||Funk to Fiddle |
|3.||Jan 09, 2019:||Goggles Optional |
|6.||Dec 30, 2014:||Jump, Jive, and Jazz |
The Budos Band of Long Island, NY, has always loved the dreamy, ominous, echoey brass, drifting along in a smoky concoction with eerie bass, guitar, organ, and drums. Their first album in 4 years showcases a consistently tight, relentless, one-of-a-kind sound, meant to pay homage to Black Sabbath and others from the realm of metal.
1. *** (4:47) starts w/drone, super slow, ominous drum and creeping horns,picks up beat just after 1:00
2. **** (4:02) almost a spy movie feel, organ added, great dynamic song
3. *** (4:14) medium/slow, sounds almost low-fi, doomy, little repetitive
4. *** (2:40) dreamy, more upbeat, less creepy, cool sax solo
5. ***** (4:28) slow, groovy, mellow
6. *** (4:22) Title track. Medium, repetitive, a little uncomfortable.
7. **** (2:42) Great bass line, kind of sad vibe
8. ***** (5:19) Upbeat, badass, almost Neil Young-ish.
9. **** (3:29) Fast, unsure-sounding, some great brass licks, great sax solo.
10. **** (5:44) Medium, very exemplary of the band, organ solo.
|1.||Into The Fog||6.||Burnt Offering|
|2.||The Sticks||7.||Trail Of Tears|
|5.||Black Hills||10.||Turn And Burn|