|Tiersen, Yann / Infinity|
|Artist:||Tiersen, Yann||Added:||Aug 2014|
|Label:||Mute Artists Limited|
|Add Date:||2014-08-22||Pull Date:||2014-10-24|
|Week Ending:||Oct 19||Oct 12||Oct 5||Sep 21||Aug 31|
|1.||Oct 16, 2014:||Meow |
|4.||Oct 01, 2014:||Narnia |
Slippery Stones, ∞
|2.||Oct 11, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|5.||Sep 18, 2014:||Amber Waves |
|3.||Oct 08, 2014:|| In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand |
A Midsummer Evening
|6.||Aug 28, 2014:||Homeward Bound |
Frenchman Yann Tiersen’s latest work. Clever narration over overwhelming and enveloping neo-classical hums. Build-ups that’ll put you in a trance. |
No FCCs detected. Recommended: All good, but I really like the Scottish voice in track 1.
1. **(6:49) Soothing hum, with poetic Scottish narration. Percussions, strings, and various jingles join in as the track progresses. Last two minutes are quieter.
2. (5:43) Rapid wind chimes with a swarm of bees. Builds up towards a more cheerful sound with guitar and percussions. Background choir-like vocals come in midway.
3. (5:13) Dark, gloomy ambiance. Relaxes after a couple minutes. Sounds like a disheveled orchestra then progresses towards a multi-layered atmosphere with female vox.
4 .(4:15) Cinematic, stressful, rhythmic. Female voice narrates in a foreign language. + English. Fuzz/percussions/bleep-bloop sounds.
5. (5:24) Hopeful strings with accordion-like sound. Transitions to a jumpy, happy, environment layered with ethereal vocals and cyclic strings. Has a bit of a light metal *clink* feel.
6. (3:41) Slightly off-key ambience. Makes me think of a broken toy trying to play a song. Group vocals come in later with fast-paced, growing layered whirr.
7. (6:53) Another narrated track. Ghostly wind-chimes with subtly enveloping choppy strings. Becomes greatly animated as the track progresses. Last couple seconds are sound effects.
8. (4:14) Dark and morose. Feels like a tense scene in a movie, until some strange discordant jingles appear over a simple piano tune. Suddenly picks up with happy vocals.
9. (4:18) Rain sounds first part of the track. Combined male + female voices over light waves. Slows down midway and transitions towards a simple guitar following the same theme.
10. (2:59) Ominous, dark waves flow over the listener. Feels like standing in front of an immense wall/structure or inside a very large warehouse. Choppy strings come in halfway.
|3.||A Midsummer Evening||8.||In Our Minds|
|4.||Ar Maen Bihan||9.||The Crossing|