|Artist:||Pacione, Adam||Added:||Jul 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-07-11||Pull Date:||2014-09-12|
|Week Ending:||Aug 31||Aug 24||Aug 10||Aug 3||Jul 27||Jul 20|
|1.||Aug 29, 2014:||Octagonal Banana
An Evening's Pursuit
|4.||Aug 06, 2014:||minimum entropy
|2.||Aug 22, 2014:||Octagonal Banana
|5.||Jul 31, 2014:||The Sunset Life
|3.||Aug 18, 2014:||The Sunset Life
|6.||Jul 29, 2014:||The Sunset Life
All tracks are great, but particular highlights are 2, 8, 9, 10. Tracks fade into one another; I recommend continuous play. No words, no FCCs. (This first saw release in 2005 and went out of print not long after, but Pacione re-released it digitally in early 2014.)
1. (2:01)—Tones slip in and slide between stately major-key and something murkier.
2. *(5:19)—Creeping bubbles of drone, whirring sounds underneath.
3. (3:21)—Serene, brighter—an empty field at sundown.
4. (9:22)—The field darkens and nocturnal creatures begin to appear. More low-end on this one—epic in its own way.
5. (8:00)—Mild, but begins to shimmer near the end—eyes adjusting to the dark.
6. (1:54)—Sweeping, dynamic, brief—chiaroscuro orchestral music warped beyond recognition.
7. (4:58)—Glitchier, more machine-like than the other tracks—household objects droning at night.
8. *(8:08)—Eerie, high-pitched nighttime paranoia and melancholy.
9. *(4:51)—Imagine being deep enough underwater that you can just barely see light shining on the surface.
10. *(12:15)—Glistening tones drift into shadowy cicada-land. Everything slowly sinks into a perfectly peaceful valley.
11. (12:40)—Dark, builds ever so slowly. Toy bells chime from a distance. And then the music unravels and fades—Sisyphus descending the mountain and disappearing in the dark.
|2.||Joelma's Burning||7.||With Wakened Eyes|
|3.||An Evening's Pursuit||8.||Weeping Cypress|
|4.||Groves, Springs, And Hilltops||9.||The Last Five Minutes Of Sleep|
|5.||Trust My Navigation||10.||Cicada Lullaby|