|Sorceress / Dose|
|Add Date:||2014-07-25||Pull Date:||2014-09-26|
|Week Ending:||7 Sep||10 Aug|
|1.||Aug 31, 2014:||Radio Personality (summer) |
|2.||Aug 07, 2014:||Binders full of sopranos |
Label: Wonderwheel Recordings
Female vox akin to Roses Gabor on almost all tracks unless otherwise noted. New Zealand 5 piece band mixes soul, afrobeat, and post-dubstep (basically, slowed down tempos, bassy frequencies, but *WAY* less aggro than the current mainstream dubstep sound). Yippee, knowledge! Right, this is a solid album that emulates the funky, soulful sound of Wonderwheel. RIYL: Rising Appalachia/ Human Experience, SBTRKT, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, James Blake
Picks: 1, 2, 4, *7*, 8
*1. (3:39) Slow, two-step beat with fem vox guided by shimmers, synths. Ends ~ 10 sec early
*2. (3:33) Lovely vocal harmonies, flutes, snares, and bass heavy sounds
3. (3:26) Midtempo, sassier vocals, claps/ synths, 1 trumpet.
*4. (7:10) Pounding bass drum, airy synths & video game sounds. Shakers. Builds up slowly into chic lounge background music circa 2003 ;)
5. (4:11) Faster drums alongside psychedelic synths & vox about LATE NITE SEXXX (but no fcc)
6. (1:51) Short moody vocal piece with piano accompaniment and water sounds
**7. (3:22) Faster 2 step, shimmers, horns, buzzing synths. Melancholic though. ahhhhh play this.
*8. (6:30) Midtempo with sassy fem vox, shakers, guitars, African beats + drumming
9. (4:53) Slow, plodding with interesting sounds, fem vox, and shakers
10. (3:22) Faster instrumental w. kick drum, claps, & airy/ swirling repetitive synths. ‘lectric guitar
11. (4:00) Faster instrumental “stutter step” alongside loungey/futuristic sounds and synths. Light and easily digestible.
|5.||Treat The Feel||10.||Do It|