|Artist:||Band Of Skulls||Added:||May 2014|
|Label:||Electric Blues Recordings|
|Add Date:||2014-05-30||Pull Date:||2014-08-01|
|Week Ending:||Jul 27||Jul 20||Jul 13||Jul 6||Jun 29||Jun 22||Jun 15||Jun 8|
|1.||Feb 16, 2017:||The Nucleus
|4.||Sep 20, 2014:||funk to folk
Himalayan, Asleep At The Wheel
|2.||Jan 31, 2016:||Breakaway Bluff
|5.||Sep 20, 2014:||The Fishbowl
|3.||Jan 01, 2015:||Meow: The Best Of 2014
|6.||Jul 23, 2014:||A-philiac
Asleep At The Wheel
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 6, 7, 9
No FCCs that I found
1. Asleep At The Wheel – Sounds like a new Wolfmother album. This song rocks pretty hard. Great melody, super catchy.
2. Himalayan – Title track. They rhyme Himalayan with “I’m just sayin’,” which I appreciated. Also, excellent melody, impossible not to nod your head to.
3. Hoochi Coochie – More falsetto on this one, not immediately hooked on this one.
4. Cold Sweat – Brings down the tempo for this one. Female vocals, interesting use of feedback and synth.
5. Nightmares – More standard alt-rock song. Solid beat, catchy vocals, mid-tempo.
6. Brothers and Sisters – Great melody. Swing tempo in the chorus. Back to a more Wolfmother sound on the instrumentation, but much more poppy on the vocals. Play if you love Blitzen Trapper.
7. I Guess I Know You Fairly Well – Down tempo, guitar and vocals only at the beginning. Drums build in through the first verse and then the whole song builds for the chorus. This is a great song. 8. Play if you love Portugal the Man.
9. You Are All That I Am Not – Mid-tempo, sweeter vocals. This is kind of a depressing love song, but super pretty.
10. I Feel Like Ten Men, Nine Dead and One Dying – This one is Blitzen Trapper all the way. Super good, great groove during the versus, heavy instrumentation on the chorus.
11. Toreador – Female vocals again, more glam rock feel to this song. Not my favorite track on the album.
12. Heaven’s Key – First thing I would compare this to is an old Mars Volta track. Line about ones and zeros for all those binary lovers out there.
13. Get Yourself Together – This song is much more melodic indie rock than the rest of the album. A mellow anthem to end the album.