|Album:||Lost In The Dream||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||War On Drugs, The||Added:||Mar 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-03-14||Pull Date:||2014-05-16|
|Week Ending:||May 18||May 11||May 4||Apr 27||Apr 20||Apr 13||Apr 6||Mar 30|
|1.||Aug 24, 2023:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants
Under The Pressure
|4.||Jul 23, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler
|2.||Sep 30, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler
Under The Pressure
|5.||Jul 04, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler (rebroadcast from Mar 1, 2019)
|3.||Apr 22, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler
Lost In The Dream
|6.||Aug 01, 2020:||Hanging in the bone yard
1. (8:52)—Mid-tempo. Rocking, big, a psychedelic take on the best 80s pop. Last three minutes are Minimum Entropy drone wash.
2. (4:59)—Fast, propulsive. Mellow verses that launch with well-placed “Woo!”s into psych-Springsteen.
3. (6:03)—Slow, twangy, alluring, extremely relaxing.
4. (7:12)—Fast, major-key, toward post-punk. Brings the chorus in late, builds so gradually that its sonic power near the end is almost sinister. Ends suddenly.
5. (6:52)—Mid-tempo, especially hazy. 80s drum sounds, oodles of red-hot guitars slicing through butter.
6. (5:56)—Mid-tempo. Strummed guitar, piano, pedal steel, and saxophone in a big bowl of triumphant twangy reverb soup. Awwww yeah.
7. (3:08)—Instrumental. Drooooooone. Preeeetty. Fades into 8.
8. (5:48)—FCC WARNING (can’t hear anything, but the label says FCC, so okay). Throbbing synth bass intro. More psych-Springsteen rock ‘n’ roll. Epic.
9. (4:10)—Medium-slow. The most country-tinged tune here. The lead guitars glisten. This is so beautiful.
10. (7:41)—Medium-slow, very spacey. Long ambient intro. Drums enter halfway through. Absurdly heartbreaking and huge. Yes!
|1.||Under The Pressure||6.||Eyes To The Wind|
|2.||Red Eyes||7.||The Haunting Idle|
|4.||An Ocean In Between The Waves||9.||Lost In The Dream|