|Artist:||Sanford, Jeff / Cartoon Jazz Band||Added:||Mar 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-03-21||Pull Date:||2014-05-23||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||May 4||Apr 27||Apr 20||Apr 13||Apr 6||Mar 30|
|1.||May 03, 2014:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
Yesterday's Ice Cubes (Are Water Today)
|4.||Apr 24, 2014:||Eclectic Erudition
I Get The Neck Of The Chicken
|2.||May 02, 2014:||No Cover, No Minimum
Kansas City Stomp
|5.||Apr 19, 2014:||Music Casserole
Dancing With Harold Arlen
|3.||Apr 25, 2014:||No Cover, No Minimum
|6.||Apr 18, 2014:||No Cover, No Minimum
RIYL: Raymond Scott, John Kirby, Beau Hunks, Metropole Orchestra, Duke Ellington, Jelly Roll Morton
1. (4:30) ***** Spiraling, hypnotic, swift, tight arrangement (similar to early Ellington), drifts into trombone solos and more...
2. (2:35) VOX. Louis Jordan jump blues song. Goofy vocals.
3. (3:43) **** Delicate and bouncy. Slow and sinuous snaky brass.
4. (3:00) *** Elegant, high-brass rich-sounding complex harmonies, graceful piano, with exotic beats.
5. (4:55) * Syncopated, percolating brass. Bouncy as hell, somewhat etheral.
6. (3:15) VOX. Another chicken vocal. Not bad novelty swing/jump blues, but I vastly prefer the instrumentals.
7. (8:30) **** Dreamy flute solo into swank lush dance. Slow and hypnotic, flute winds everywhere...
8. (2:42) *** Chirpy woodwinds trilling and blipping.
9. (3:13) ** A Raymond Scott classic. Sleighbells, glassy melodies like wind. Gets hectic and brassy.
10. (3:59) *** Small-group jiving, with some pretty hot solos.
11. (4:08) **** Jelly Roll Morton dixieland tune. March time, breaks into slow stop-time portion in middle. Cool banjo solo.
12. (2:42) * More of a hep '40s big band number, with brass solos.
13: (3:20) SECRET BONUS TRACK (doesn't get going until 30 seconds in...) Barnacle Bill the sailor, another Louis Jordan classic with crazy falsettos and other voices. Cueing this may be a pain, but it's fun, with good solos...