|Dramady / Answer Only To The Sea|
|Album:||Answer Only To The Sea||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2014-02-14||Pull Date:||2014-04-18|
|Week Ending:||Apr 13||Apr 6||Mar 23||Mar 16||Mar 2||Feb 23|
|1.||Apr 11, 2014:||Time Traveler |
|4.||Apr 03, 2014:||Sunshine ... in the Afternoon |
(1:59 p.m.) Go Home
|2.||Apr 04, 2014:||Time Traveler |
|5.||Mar 18, 2014:||Meow After Midnight |
|3.||Apr 03, 2014:||Meow |
Two Ghosts In One Costume
|6.||Mar 14, 2014:||Time Traveler |
Answer Only To The Sea
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Portland based band, releasing their second full length LP.
Pop angst style rock with keys & saxophone.
Sure to be appreciated by some.
FCC’s on 7* rest OK
1) Go Home (3.26) Relatively up beat with catchy synths.
2) Two Ghosts In One Costume (3.41) Very busy & plods along. The sax mid way through livens things up.
3) Diggin’ A Hole (3.26) Up beat track that seems like a single release. Appealing chorus.
4) Keep It Up (2:55) Standard pop fare, mid tempo track that probably works well live.
5) Glow In The Dark (5.14) More of a moodier track, with the sax added for that extra atmosphere.
6) Downlow (4.15) Stronger start, then proceeds in similar vain to the other up beat tracks. More soulful perhaps then the rest.
7) *I Wanna Be Good (3.43) “stop fuckin’ around” sung a few times. Male & female vocals this time, heavier drum sound, with sax to finish.
8) Good Art (2.49) Has its moments. Faster paced with the sax leading the way.
9) Deadlines (2.27) Light 60’s touches in this mid paced pop track.
10) Your Survival (3.30) Different feel to this one, guitars taking centre stage, shared duties with the vocals once more.
11) Casual Sludge (4.31) More of a psychedelic 60’s feel to this. A simple sound that works. Slowish paced.
|2.||Two Ghosts In One Costume||7.||I Wanna Be Good|
|3.||Diggin' A Hole||8.||Good Art|
|4.||Keep It Up||9.||Deadlines|
|5.||Glow In The Dark||10.||Your Survival|