|Olsen, Angel / Burn Your Fire For No Witness|
|Album:||Burn Your Fire For No Witness||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Olsen, Angel||Added:||Feb 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-02-21||Pull Date:||2014-04-25|
|Week Ending:||Apr 27||Apr 20||Apr 13||Apr 6||Mar 30||Mar 23||Mar 16||Mar 9|
|1.||Mar 20, 2023:||Pest Control |
Dance Slow Decades
|4.||Dec 07, 2017:||moodswings |
Dance Slow Decades
|2.||Feb 08, 2023:||mitchell's library |
Unfucktheworld, White Fire
|5.||Oct 18, 2017:||The Nick & James Show |
|3.||Apr 15, 2022:||Down the Rabbit Hole (rebroadcast from Apr 12, 2014) |
|6.||Jul 27, 2017:||moodswings |
I don't know how it happened, but I may be in love. Let me explain—Angel Olsen has crafted one of the most deeply personal albums of the year (or even of last year), fusing an absolutely singular voice with thought provoking lyrics and gorgeous instrumentation. Lie down, stick on a pair of headphones, and let Olsen do the rest. A conversation with a close friend after years of separation. Favorites: 1-5, 7, 9, 11 but honestly the whole thing is pretty immaculate. No FCCs. DJ Muscat|
Others: Lower Dens, Deerhunter "Monomania", Marissa Nadler, Chelsea Wolfe, of Montreal "Lousy with Sylvianbriar"
1. (2:05) **** (Watch FCC "fuck" on reading the track title) Quiet, lonely acoustic number. Great vocal intonation
2. (2:04) **** Super catchy rocker. The most immediate song on the record.
3. (2:58) *** Mid. Old-time country vocals and general vibe. Introduction of piano. Lyrics about depression and isolation underneath an upbeat tone.
4. (6:56) ***** Drumless, meditative, tense. Most lyrically and emotionally complex track on the album. Instant classic.
5. (3:53) **** Mid. Catchy jangle pop. Really outstanding vocals on this one. Turns into an instrumental jam for the last minute.
6. (4:28) ** Mid. Subtle country song with some nice structural shifts.
7. (4:38) **** One of the louder, more rock oriented, tracks. Bitter, wonderfully poetic lyrics.
8. (3:28) ** Slow. Acoustic guitar and quiet drums. Bewitching vocals.
9. (4:06) *** Just guitar and Olsen's distinctive voice. Grows into an expansive ballad.
10. (5:44) ** Simple acoustic guitar and stark vocals. Thought provoking, emotional, lyrics
11. (4:08) **** Lonely, reverb laden with unassuming drum and bass elements. Builds into a triumphant, beautiful finish.
|4.||White Fire||9.||Dance Slow Decades|
|5.||High & Wild||10.||Enemy|