|Album:||For Whom The Cowbell Tolls||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Feb 2014|
|Label:||Electric Cowbell Records|
|Add Date:||2014-03-21||Pull Date:||2014-05-23|
|Week Ending:||May 25||May 18||May 11||May 4||Apr 27||Apr 20||Apr 13||Apr 6|
|1.||Jul 22, 2020:||Some Songs Without Words
|4.||May 10, 2014:||Live Your Life
|2.||May 19, 2014:||Porcelain Goldfish
Latin Soul Stew (Kill Emil Remix)
|5.||May 10, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show
|3.||May 12, 2014:||Pumping Iron
|6.||May 05, 2014:||Porcelain Goldfish
Picks: 2, 3, *6*,8, 13, 14, 15
1. (2:33) Fast drums and shakers. I want to be around a fire, dancing.
*2. (3:31) Nice little upbeat instrumental groove on this one with claps, trumpets, and percussion.
*3. (5:23) Rocking ‘lectric guitar/ drums with fem Arabic vox.
4. (3:23) Reminds me slightly of RHCP’s Rollercoaster of Love. But with neat kazoo? English male vox.
5. (4:59) African (Mali) beat starts slow, and then speeds up with male vox and guitar!
**6. (4:27) Oooo dat funky midtempo instrumental stank. The hornZ! Dear god. A flute?! Funk heaven take me higher!!!
7. (3:14) Funky Take On Me instrumental cover. Merp.
*8. (2:35) Sexy, sultry bossa song with female Portuguese (?) lyrics. Mmmm.
9. (4:45) Song from Mali, Africa. Hand drums, male vox, nice ngoni. Horns.
10. (3:29) Stoned funk with big horns and some *light* psychelia
11. (3:19) Twinkling, chugging, faster track with big drums and distorted guitars.
12. (1:39) More of the last track, a bit more melancholic with more electronics
*13. (4:07) Fast, rushed jam with horns and nice break down. Very cool.
*14. (3:47) Slick little upbeat diddy with horns, shakers, and sass. Strong female vox.
*15. (3:18) I really like this one. Crooning male harmonies alongside cool electronics and burping bass.
16. (5:25) Midtemp beats with eerie synthesizer for a vampire/ creepy 80’s horror movie.
17. (3:34) Stoned and “minimalist” approach to funk… Merp.