|Artist:||Mode Moderne||Added:||Jan 2014|
|Label:||Light Organ Records|
|Add Date:||2014-01-31||Pull Date:||2014-04-04|
|Week Ending:||Mar 30||Mar 2||Feb 23||Feb 9|
|1.||Mar 28, 2014:||Time Traveler
|4.||Feb 07, 2014:||Time Traveler
|2.||Feb 28, 2014:||Time Traveler
|5.||Feb 05, 2014:||Meow After Midnight
|3.||Feb 17, 2014:||Meow
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Canadian band that have been branded with the “Goth” “Post Punk” label. More early 80’s pop with some darker Indy elements. Pleasant enough vocals with just enough sorrow to please. Much of a muchness for the majority of this LP, if you like one track, you’ll like the rest. All pretty much upbeat. Has received some very good reviews.
Nowhere near “Joy Division” or even “The Smiths” as some reviewers have likened them to (for me, anyway)
Has enough to be liked by many, I’m sure. Liking: 11 & 12
No detectable FCC’s
1) Strangle The Shadows (4.06) Fading in to start in this mid paced, upbeat opener. Standard Indy guitars making way for the drum finish.
2) Grudges Crossed (3.19) Synths mixing it up with the drums & guitars. Mid paced Indy Pop.
3) Thieving Baby’s Breath (3.46) Promising atmospheric opening, leading to spangly pop number.
4) Severed heads (3.39) Haunting flavored backing whines accompany this fast paced pop track. Nice lyrics.
5) She, Untamed (3.04) Upbeat & catchy. Beefy guitar & drum elements.
6) Occult Delight (4.30) Stronger vocals alongside warm driving guitars for the first minute, then back to the up-tempo beat of previous. Returns at points to the more adventurous beginning. Would have liked a full song though.
7) Time’s Up (2.57) Pop track done well, sounds like a single release.
8) Unburden Yourself (3.12) Bright opening, then, as before. Female backing helps. Happy Indy pop.
9) Dirty Dream #3 (2.56) Has a psychedelic quality that makes it stand out.
10) Baby Bunny (2.55) Sense of humor in these lyrics. Synths hard at work.
11) Come Sunrise (3.16) Slower paced & a change of direction. Stand out track.
12) Running Scared (4.16) More somber although not very subtle. Strong track in any case, gets right away from the Indy pop of some of the other tracks. Neofolk flourishes with this downbeat tune. Finishes at 3.12 starting up again at 3.16 with slow synth, percussion & strumming to end.
|1.||Strangle The Shadows||7.||Time's Up|
|2.||Grudges Crossed||8.||Unburden Yourself|
|3.||Thieving Baby's Breath||9.||Dirty Dream #3|
|4.||Severed Heads||10.||Baby Bunny|
|5.||She, Untamed||11.||Come Sunrise|
|6.||Occult Delight||12.||Running Scared|