|Artist:||Church, Matt And The Golden Apples||Added:||Jan 2014|
|Add Date:||2014-01-17||Pull Date:||2014-03-21|
|Week Ending:||Mar 16||Jan 26|
|1.||Mar 13, 2014:||The Sunset Life
City Of The Sky
|2.||Jan 25, 2014:||BravoMarco Variety Show
Like A Star On The Sea
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Stripped back husky voice & mostly acoustic guitars combined at times with an experimental feel. Really wanted to like this more than I ended up doing. Hopefully it will grow. Plenty to play on here though. All slow in pace with angst ridden vocals.
Top tunes for me: 4, 14
No detectable FCC’s
1) Chomolunga (3.57) Laid back tune. Vocals & acoustic guitar.
2) Quipll (2.25) Slightly picking up the pace from the previous one, Actual song finishes at 1.55 – Seems like they didn’t hit the stop recording button.
3) Seed The Clouds (2.46) Solid melody. More of the Neofolk aspects to this.
4) Like A Star On The Sea (4.56) Oh woe is me… Like the synths & meatier guitars on this, has more guts about it than most of the other tracks.
5) Moonbeams (2.27) Vibrant strumming done in a mean & moody way.
6) City Of The Sky (4.01) Change of pace to slow it further down half way through (& to the end) gives it a ghostlike quality about it.
7) Tuyfer (2.45) Mild mannered Instrumental.
8) Pale Blue Dot (2.24) Slightly more upbeat. Nice background echo on the vocals.
9) Magic Mountain (3.43) Fuller sound to this one. Simple percussion adds.
10) Robinson Crusoe (1.29) You wouldn’t want to be marooned with this one.
11) Algorithm (2.45) Louder in texture with the guitars, still morose.
12) Wires Crossed (4.04) Sounds like a single release. More assessable.
13) Rachael(2.34) Ballady higher tempo doom & gloom.
14) Letter From The Master (2.27) Tormented vocals with nice effects on the guitars, all makes for a cool refreshing sound.
|1.||Chomolunga||8.||Pale Blue Dot|
|3.||Seed The Clouds||10.||Robinson Crusoe|
|4.||Like A Star On The Sea||11.||Algorithm|
|6.||City Of The Sky||13.||Rachael|
|7.||Tuyfer||14.||Letter From The Master|