|Artist:||Nightmares On Wax||Added:||Oct 2013|
|Add Date:||2013-10-17||Pull Date:||2013-12-19||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Dec 22||Dec 15||Dec 1||Nov 24||Nov 17||Oct 27|
|1.||Dec 19, 2013:||BravoMarco Variety Show
So Here We Are
|4.||Nov 26, 2013:||Pumping Iron
|2.||Dec 17, 2013:||Sunshine on a Full Moon Afternoon
Luna 2 Ft. Wolfgang Haffner
|5.||Nov 23, 2013:||Music Casserole
|3.||Dec 08, 2013:||Pumping Iron
Eye (Can't See)
|6.||Nov 12, 2013:||Pumping Iron
There 4 U
Longest artist on Warp’s roster, Nightmares on Wax’s latest album includes lots of gems: trip hop, funky stuff, soul, house, and mellow melodys. Lots of varied vocalists (including Tibetan chanting monks #10). Lots of fun, but still relaxing.
Picks: 1, 3, 4, 6, 9
FCCs: none detected
*1. (4:27) Nice trumpet, hand drum, and string groove. Very laidback.
2. (4:47) Shakers, guitars, keyboard & vocal splicing. Kind of boring.
*3. (4:01) Soft female vocals with trip hop, melancholic strings. Classic NonW sound.
*4. (4:52) DAT BASS. OH MAN!!!! Old school keyboard/ drum styles from the 80’s.
5. (4:01) Bouncy dancehall w/ repetitive funky loops. Fun though.
*6. (3:33) Slow, sexy. Sultry synths alongside brass and drums.
7. (4:11) Funky beachy sound. Salsa elements with male vox alongside.
8. (5:28) Chugging house chune with nice sounds, trumpet, and effects.
*9. (4:41) Soulful melody with female vocals and a bassline that will heal your soul.
10. (6:58) Psychedelic, chanting monks and bass. Loopy with shimmers and noises.
Claude VonStroke just released his third album. The rooster of dirtybird, he hails from Detroit and now is living in SF. Mostly tech house music, but sprinkles of drum/bass, funky shit, and dat bass. Good party starter for a mellow, but rowdy, evening.
Picks: 1, 3, 5, 7
FCC’s: 3, 4
*1. 5:11 Symphonic sounds and skitterings starts this mid-tempo, dark, UK bass inspired song.
2. 6:28 Claps. Leading to a bouncy but minimal house song.
*3. 7:00 FCC Nice long tech track. Operatic singing too, you know.
4. 4:02 FCC Sexier, bouncy house track with tech elements too.
*5. 3:50 Faster hip-hop inspired beats with snares, synths, and electric organs.
6. 5:25 Faster drum/bass (kind of) with hip-hopping, lazrs, and female sexiness.
*7. 6:47 Oooh that bassline with them good chilled beats with those nice effects. Smooth like a night drive associated with sin ;)
8. 3:14 Lots of varying sounds under basic beat. Looks better on paper than it sounds.
9. 8:05 Apt female vocals with sunny house music...nice track for a day party open air.
|1.||So Here We Are||5.||Now Is The Time|
|2.||Be, I Do||6.||Give Thx|
|3.||Master Plan||7.||There 4u|
|4.||Luna 2 Ft. Wolfgang Haffner||8.||Om Sweet H(Ome)|