|Goldspot / Aerogramme|
|Label:||Mt. Hoboken Records & Nice Music Group|
|Add Date:||2013-09-22||Pull Date:||2013-11-24|
|Week Ending:||Nov 24||Nov 17||Nov 10||Nov 3||Oct 27||Oct 20||Oct 13||Oct 6|
|1.||Apr 08, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|4.||Jul 09, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler |
New Haven Green
|2.||Sep 10, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler |
If The Hudson Overflows
|5.||Feb 26, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Salt Of The Earth
|3.||Sep 09, 2021:||Time Traveler (rebroadcast from Oct 2, 2015) |
|6.||Jan 15, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler |
The Border Line
Melodic indie rock from New York-based band, Goldspot. Singer/songwriter Siddhartha Khosla has taken Aerogramme in a new direction artistically. The album is more autobiographical than the group’s previous two releases — Tally of the Yes Men (2007-2008) and And the Elephant Is Dancing (2010). The 10-song set takes a look back at when Khosla and his family immigrated to America from their native India. The band’s sound is a cultural melting pot — recalling the Beatles or George Harrison during one of his transcendental interludes, as well as the Smiths and even the Cure.
Recommended: 1, 3, 2, 9, 5, 7. No FCCs detected.
1. (3:45) Abyss — Effortless, melodic indie rock. 1970s throwback feel — perfectly captured. Playful guitar “stingers” combined with counterpoint bass line. Great song! ****
2. (3:41) Evergreen Cassette — Rattling evolves into a prominent drum foundation with some hints of Bollywood. Energetic tune with a bit of an Eastern flair ***
3. (3:31) The Border Line — Bright, strummy guitar is the signature sound in another very hummable, hooky track. ****
4. (3:54) New Haven Green — Bouncy tune that describes the arrival of Khosla’s family in America.
5. (2:35) Salt of the Earth — Indie retro-rock that is VERY reminiscent of George Harrison’s solo work from the mid-1970s. **
6. (2:58) Monkey on my Rooftop — Sweet, somewhat gimmicky tune with swirling synths, shakers, and light vocals.
7. (3:27) Resident Alien — Eastern influence is very apparent in both the vocals and rhythm track. Tongue-in-check lyrics about being a human rather than a “resident alien.” **
8. (3:01) Somewhere in the East — Slightly slower tempo than most. Another very Beatle-like tune with “George” on lead vocals. Busy rhythm track. Ghost-like vibraphone (or synth)
9. (3:57) If the Hudson Overflows — Acoustic track, created by the band to help raise money for the victims of 2012’s Hurricane Sandy. Very nice indie folk offering. ***
10. (2:39) One and the Same — Semi-power pop…but with harmonium backing and synth squiggles. Sudden ending.
|1.||Abyss||6.||Monkey On My Rooftop|
|2.||Evergreen Cassette||7.||Resident Alien|
|3.||The Border Line||8.||Somewhere In The East|
|4.||New Haven Green||9.||If The Hudson Overflows|
|5.||Salt Of The Earth||10.||One And The Same|