|Dundov, Petar / Sailing Off The Grid|
|Album:||Sailing Off The Grid||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Dundov, Petar||Added:||Aug 2013|
|Label:||Music Man Records|
|Add Date:||2013-08-18||Pull Date:||2013-10-20||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Oct 6||Sep 22||Sep 15||Sep 8||Sep 1||Aug 25|
|1.||Mar 07, 2017:||The Offbeat Generation |
Sur La Mer Avec Mon Ami
|4.||Jan 02, 2014:||KZSU Top 100 of 2013 |
|2.||Feb 21, 2017:||The Offbeat Generation |
|5.||Oct 03, 2013:||The Sunset Life |
|3.||Mar 08, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Sep 20, 2013:||Friday Beats 1600-1900 |
Enter The Vortex, Moving
Petar Dundov - Sailing off the Grid Label: Music Man|
This is Petar Dundov's 3rd album, and it's an epic work of electronica. The tracks range from 7 to 13 minutes long, and only about half of it is "dancey", the other half consists of wonderful ambient experimental compositions that explore the psychedelic side of electronic music. It's a fascinating album that pushes the evolution of electronica further. In terms of danceable tracks, "Moving" (#3) is the strongest track with its exotic guitar improv that grabs you and doesn't let go. The title track (#6) "Sailing off the Grid" is gorgeous and exotic, and gets better with repeated listens. As for the more chilled-out tracks, "Sur La Mer Avec Mon Ami" (#7) and "Cradle" (#8) are also great - it's blissful and provides a little nudge of bass when you need it. All tracks are interesting, but those 4 are the best. Try all, but especially 2,6,7,8.
1. "Enter The Vortex" (9:29) - Lush, beautiful ambient synthscape. Sunny shimmering in the second half brings out warmth and bliss.
2. "Yesterday is Tomorrow" (8:21) - Has an Italo-disco bassline flair, as distinctive synths build up in intensity.
3. "Moving" (9:21) - An epic psychedelic dance track. The guitar improv is truly mesmerizing, the synths are emotional and powerful.
4. "Spheres" (8:13) - Slower and moody epic that has 80s-esque melodies and bassline. Dramatic and introspective.
5. "White Spring" (10:04) - Psychedelic meanderings with intricate melodies and a driving bassline.
6. "Sailing off the Grid" (13:20) - The title track is epic. Low bassy broken-beats nod your head along, with mind-altering but blissful synths.
7. "Sur La Mer Avec Mon Ami" (11:34) - Sloooow burn here - sumptuous and sensuous synths fluttering and washing about, with an occasional touch of a bassy beat.
8. "Cradle" (7:16) - Gentle synth washes and a melody that seems to be drawn from a walking jazz/blues number.
|1.||Enter The Vortex||5.||White Spring|
|2.||Yesterday Is Tomorrow||6.||Sailing Off The Grid|
|3.||Moving||7.||Sur La Mer Avec Mon Ami|