|Album:||Dubstep Academy 102 By Dubster Spook||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Aug 2013|
|Label:||Bass Star Records|
|Add Date:||2013-08-11||Pull Date:||2013-10-13|
|Week Ending:||Oct 13||Oct 6||Sep 29||Sep 22||Sep 8||Sep 1||Aug 25||Aug 18|
|1.||Mar 14, 2017:||Waste FM
|4.||Oct 05, 2013:||Music Casserole
|2.||Oct 11, 2013:||Philosophy Talk - Know Yourself | 20131011
|5.||Sep 29, 2013:||New World Disorder
|3.||Oct 10, 2013:||In Your Ear | Worldwide Broadcast
|6.||Sep 22, 2013:||New World Disorder
Reviewed by Sadie O., 8/8/13
San Francisco Dubstep, compiled by Dubster Spook. Mostly ponderous, noisy… Good for cleaning out the nasty little folds inside your brain.
Several tracks have clear FCCs, sadly. You could probably play track 6 during Safe Harbor, but I’d avoid the others. Which is a motherfucking shame.
1. 3:37 FCC: “fuckin” (clearly, 3x) ***slow and ponderous with lots of squeepiwoobles.
2. 4:13 **organ tones, strong downtempo plodding beat, intense noise.
3. 6:00 ***sinister chords and chimes, downtempo, weebly. Kinda of a funky little rhythm, after a while.
4. 3:39 FCC: “fuckin” (clearly, several times) **very slow, minimalist, with tweets and squeeps. Slow march of rubber insects.
5. 3:48 *****large bangs, hyperspeed insects and slow giant worms. Awesome.
6. 3:00 FCC: “fuckin” – bleeped but obvious, **slow, blatty and nasty.
7. 2:59 ****jaunty little whistling, aw, so sweet… DON’T BE FOOLED! Turns completely grotty and grunty. Neet!
8. 6:10 *****tabla and flutes and whooshes. Slow, almost mellow and trancey, but the electronics seem to be boding evil… Yup, I was right!
9. 5:05 ***rather panicked rubber frogs. Large happy monster. Nice.
10. 5:04 ***chimes and squeebles – quite a lot of neet noises. It’s got a beat but you can’t really dance to it.
11. 5:02 ****loud, slow and bumpy, gnarly noises.
12. 3:27 FCC – orgasm sounds, very loud **minimalist syncopated beat, angelic chimes, orgasm, slow woobles.
13. 4:45 ****bippity boppity midtempo syncopation, slightly Jamaican inflection, boobles.
14. 4:51 **angry and unpleasant movie dialog, slow, non-funky menacing metallics.
15. 2:31 ***chimes and weebles, slow wooblygronches and Atari game sounds.
16. 3:49 ***slow, with slowed down processed pseudoscience. Woobles and ultrawoobles. I like the lecture, though…
17. 4:10 ***pretty middle eastern horn and piano, spoken word, and slow glitchy beat, sparse. Gets more dubsteppy gradually.
18. 6:07 *****cobbled together beat, bouncy and fun. Goofy “work your body” vocals (suggestive, but I don’t think explicit – see what you think), blats.
|3.||Municipal Youth||Bionic Commando|
|4.||Intent To Sell||Hop The Fence|
|5.||Energy Alchemist||The Fan|
|6.||Mykies Mcfilthy||The Filth|
|7.||Kali||Rockers Dubstep Like Kelly|
|8.||Frost Raven, Diva Sonic||Spekter|
|10.||D-Program||Do It Now|
|11.||Hedlok||This Is Your Brain|
|13.||Ripple||No Doubt We The Roughest|
|16.||Dallon Vose, Mykies Mcfilthy||Subjective Perception|