|Add Date:||2013-06-09||Pull Date:||2013-08-11|
|Week Ending:||Aug 11||Aug 4||Jul 28||Jul 21||Jul 14||Jul 7||Jun 30||Jun 23|
|1.||Feb 07, 2022:||Good Day Sunshine (with Rick Stevens of T.O.P.) (rebroadcast from Jul 9, 2013)
Thursday Night Kinda Swing
|4.||Jan 02, 2014:||KZSU Top 100 of 2013
Do What You Go To
|2.||Feb 07, 2022:||New World Disorder (rebroadcast from Jul 7, 2013)
|5.||Aug 18, 2013:||New World Disorder
|3.||May 23, 2017:||That's Not Bluegrass.
|6.||Aug 17, 2013:||Jhammy
Reviewed by Sadie O., 6/8/13
FUNK, with a bit of makossa and other worldy tinges, from right here in SF, yo! Something about Bay Area Funk is just sooooo damn sweet…
No FCCs detected. It’s all GREAT- I like 5, 6 and 8 best, by a hair…
1. 4:09 ***groovy Afro-funky sway, prominent horns and hand percussion.
2. 4:07 ***this one feels vaguely Brazilian to me. Nice female backing vocals, talking about Revolution.
3. 4:10 ***jaunty and boppy, lots of horn, and bass up in the mix. Caribbean-accented vocals.
4. 5:34 ***disco-makossa with lots of bass, grunty sax. Yummers! Fairly innocuous lyrics about music – hey, just relax and enjoy, mon…
5. 4:12 ****grunty horns, multi layered syncopation, Caribbean-accented vocals, bass and stuttering guitar in unison. Calypso vibe.
6. 4:27 ****makossa hand drums, breathy female vocals, great bass. Gets quite upbeat and bouncy after the intro. All the elements really come together on this track.
7. 5:26 ***sweet percussion intro, chimey keyboards, a bit psychedelic, makossa vocals (but mostly instrumental).
8. 5:24 ****somewhat downtempo funky instrumental sashay with lots of fun noises. Demented trumpet solo at the end.
9. 4:22 ***slow, laid-back, and sexy. Oh… It’s Reggae! Well, that’s nice! Jamaican vocals, dubby as mess.
10. 5:17 ***cowbell and organ chords… I was starting to question this for a sec, but here comes the bass and guitar, and it’s all good. Uptempo and upbeat, while somehow also relaxed, instrumental. Magic!
|1.||California Dreaming||6.||Pleasure Power|
|2.||Revolution||7.||Thursday Night Kinda Swing|
|3.||Never Let No One||8.||Do What You Go To|