|Cooper, Mike / White Shadows In The South Seas|
|Album:||White Shadows In The South Seas||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Cooper, Mike||Added:||May 2013|
|Add Date:||2014-05-09||Pull Date:||2014-07-11||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Jul 13||Jul 6||Jun 29||Jun 1||May 18|
|1.||Jul 10, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
What Cares Paradise
|4.||Jul 01, 2014:||Z҉͟O̴̢͜D̡͏I͘A̢͜͡C̴& |
Night Flower Tapu, Po Mahina (Trad. Arr. Cooper)
|2.||Jul 08, 2014:||Z҉͟O̴̢͜D̡͏I͘A̢͜͡C̴& |
Night Flower Tapu
|5.||Jun 30, 2014:||Porcelain Goldfish |
A White Shadow Passes, White Shadows
|3.||Jul 05, 2014:||Proselytizer Radio News Hour |
|6.||Jun 25, 2014:||Meow After Midnight |
Meowing After Midnight
Artist: Cooper, Mike |
Album: White Shadows in the South Seas
Reviewed by: Mike (Boogie) Johnson
In general this is an album of downtempo/ambient rhythms mixed with nature sounds. Tracks are FCC friendly. My favorite track would be #3 White Shadows.
1. Dr. Derelict / nature sounds of birds singing over a smooth tropical groove.
2. Beached / Crickets sounds alongside mischievous creeping insect-like tones.
3. White Shadows / rhythmic drums mixed with a montage of surfer instruments.
4. Po Mahina / mellow guitar riffs with a matching baseline.
5. Night Flower Tapu / Mysterious minimal drums and bass with twangy surfer melodies.
6. Each Day At Dusk / Soft repeating melody with the sound of electricity.
7. What Cares paradise / More birds and natures sounds with various soft instruments.
8. A White Shadow Passes / More of an Electronica sound but still with the same twang!
9. Lung Collapse / difficult to explain, it sounds like a Swamp!
10. Steady tones with Sci Fi spacey tones, tweets, bleeps and sweeps.
11. TikiTampoo / has the same rhythm as track #1 with a constant high pitch.
12. Hilo Hanakahi / Mild western themed twangy guitar strings.
13. Tapu Lifted / Steady stream of wavy sound as if floating in space.
14. Jalan Sam Heng / Natures Sounds