|Add Date:||2013-03-24||Pull Date:||2013-05-27||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||May 12||May 5||Apr 28||Apr 21||Apr 14||Apr 7|
|1.||May 05, 2013:||The Crooked Spoke Adjacent
|4.||Apr 24, 2013:||Minding The Gap
|2.||May 03, 2013:||FOLKTRONICA
Maiden Of The Mountain
|5.||Apr 21, 2013:||The Crooked Spoke Adjacent
Maiden Of The Mountain
|3.||Apr 30, 2013:||Moon
|6.||Apr 16, 2013:||Moon Buddy
Genre: Experimental, Electronic, Atmospheric, "Thrift Store Rock"
Similar artists: Bibio, Boards of Canada, Baths, Star Slinger, The Books
Solo album from Jared Blüm. Relies heavily on vinyl samples, giving it the self described "Thrift Store Rock" sound. Rough around the edges, but there are a few interesting tracks in here if you're feeling funky. All instrumental - no vocals apart from the occasional sample. Short bursts of sound with limited continuity from track to track.
1. :58 - Short burst of sound - serves as an album introduction
* 2. 1:28 - Tropical samples with a steady beat - lovely track
* 3. 2:22 - Repetitive loop with violin sounding sample.
4. 1:47- Plodding factory beat with quick synthy instrumental. I feel like I'm on a production line. Harsh ending.
5. 1:39 - Fuzzed out plunky sample with some beautiful choral vocals overlaid. Strange chanting at the end.
6. 1:39 - This song reminded me a bit of Star Slinger - faster beat with a high pitched orchestral sample. Gets strange at the end.
* 7. 1:40 - I feel like Bambi in the forest - danger is coming. Awesome orchestral sample comes in about :35.
8. 1:47 - Plodding beat with some pretty wacky synths. Vocal sample repeats "Bacon."
9. :29 - I can't really call this a song.
10. 3:05 - I feel like I'm on a 60s television show. Fades out after a minute and now I'm being abducted, but it feels good.
* 11. 2:16 - Starts with heart beat with french vocal samples. Transitions to jazzy bass and steady drum beat. Cool track.
12. :32 - Transition.
13. :46 - Record player slowing down. Transitions into a nice beat with some chipmunk-y vocals.
14. 1:14 - Vocal sample of an older woman recounting playing with dolls.
15. 1:35 - Reminiscent of Star Slinger - chipmunk-ed vocals over a decent beat. Gets down halfway through.
16. :59 - Sounds like I'm in a sewer. In space.
17. 1:26 - Harpsichord overlays a nice string sample.
18. 1:07 - Sounds like a warlock casting a spell. Might give you nightmares.
19. 1:38 - Live track starts with applause. Reminds me of The Books. Laughing from crowd in response to some of the samples.
20. 1:12 - Finale track - rapid harpsichord with fuzzed out vocals repeating. "Win or Lose It." Future/Past phone ring sample.
|3.||Maiden Of The Mountain||13.||The Associate|
|4.||The Attic Bats||14.||Maggie's Doll|
|5.||The Seas Surge||15.||The Sleep Train|
|9.||Three Cheers||19.||Bleeker Street Bop (Live)|
|10.||The January Suite||20.||Win Or Lose It|