|Miles, Wymond / Under The Pale Moon|
|Album:||Under The Pale Moon||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Miles, Wymond||Added:||Nov 2012|
|Label:||Sacred Bones Records|
|Add Date:||2013-05-19||Pull Date:||2013-07-21|
|Week Ending:||Jul 14||Jun 30||Jun 23||Jun 16||Jun 9||Jun 2||May 26|
|1.||Feb 05, 2016:||A Visit From Drum |
|4.||Jul 11, 2013:||Home Free |
|2.||Mar 05, 2015:||The Sunset Life |
Singing The Ending
|5.||Jun 28, 2013:||Time Traveler |
|3.||Jul 12, 2013:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
|6.||Jun 19, 2013:||Brownian Motion |
Youth's Lonely Wilderness
Dark garage pop|
Following the death of a friend and multiple family members, Wymond Miles of SF’s The Fresh & Onlys wrote this album in a very short period of time. The acute pop sensibilities of The Fresh & Onlys shine through here, but Miles generally looks toward doomier sounds and subject matter. Favorites: 1, 3, 4, 5, 10. No FCCs.
1. *(3:13)—Mid-tempo. Funky noir. Reminds me of Chris Isaak.
2. (3:35)—Mid-tempo. Summery and jangly in a doomy sort of way.
3. *(4:16)—Medium-slow. Really catchy, pretty, grieving. Great keyboards and guitar interplay.
4. *(4:06)—Medium-fast, driving, poppy. Gnarly breakdown.
5. *(3:52)—Medium-slow. Hazy, epic, rocking, nocturnal.
6. (4:17)—Medium-fast, four-on-the-floor. Think early post-punk and goth. Some “oh-oh-oh”s for good measure.
7. (4:17)—Mid-tempo waltz. Heavily accented rhythm. Lush.
8. (4:05)—Medium-fast. Jangly, comparatively upbeat. Nice acoustic guitar line near the end.
9. (3:59)—Mid-tempo. Funky bass, acoustic rhythm guitar, reverbed lead guitar.
10. *(3:21)—Slow and pretty. Quietly dramatic for the most part, with a slightly heavier section. Chimes.
|1.||Strange Desire||6.||The Thirst|
|2.||Pale Moon||7.||You & I Are Of The Night|
|3.||Singing The Ending||8.||Lazarus Rising|
|4.||Run Like The Hunted||9.||Badlands|
|5.||Youth's Lonely Wilderness||10.||Trapdoors & Ladders|