|Label:||Polyvinyl Record Co.|
|Add Date:||2012-10-14||Pull Date:||2012-12-16|
|Week Ending:||Dec 16||Dec 9||Dec 2||Nov 25||Nov 18||Nov 11||Nov 4||Oct 28|
|1.||Jul 16, 2022:||Music Casserole
|4.||Nov 06, 2015:||A Visit From Drum (Nature Walk)
|2.||Jan 31, 2020:||Training Hour
There's That Grin
|5.||Oct 16, 2015:||A Visit From Drum (Treasure Island)
The Trouble With Candyhands
|3.||Jul 27, 2017:||moodswings
|6.||Nov 07, 2014:||A Visit From Drum
NO FCCs. (Although it’s really cute when Satomi says ‘hell yeah’ on #1)
(Attempts at) track descriptions and recommendations inside.
Songs have many parts. There will be surprises, and most of them will be pleasant. Recommendations:
Poppier-- 1, 2, 4, 6
Weirder-- 1, 3, 9, 10
1.* (2:03) Childlike melodies, noisy guitar, weird interludes. You’ve never heard anything like this.
2. (3:19) Poppy, simple synth-bassline. Childlike. Weirdo song structure. Electronic elements and noise-guitar interlude will make you giggle.
3.** (2:33) Bizarre Zappa-like melodies over a chugging, chemically-imbalanced rhythmic foundation.
4.**(2:51) Cheesy synth line, a little wonky. Funny and beautiful, somehow.
5. (3:15) Oriental tonality, bouncy synth bass. Joyful.
6.*** (2:22) My favorite. 6/4 funk, African sounding, moves into childlike pop.
7. (1:45) Epic (cheesy) synth, adorable pop, cacophonous guitar-- all in one song.
8. (3:04) Latin! Tight syncopation, wah guitar. A little too sweet for me.
9.** (3:02) Awesome instrumental interplay, anxious bassline.
10.*** (2:31) A little creepy, a lot funny. Cool vocal phrasing.
11. (3:16) Drummer Saunier: “we went for the Keith Richards-joins-ABBA vibe on this one.” Satomi is “tough as a robot on the dance floor.”
|2.||There's That Grin||7.||To Fly Or Not To Fly|
|3.||Bad Kids To The Front||8.||The Trouble With Candyhands|
|4.||Zero Seconds Pause||9.||We Do Parties|
|5.||Mothball The Fleet||10.||Mario's Flaming Whiskers 3|