|Artist:||Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti||Added:||Oct 2012|
|Add Date:||2013-03-16||Pull Date:||2013-05-19|
|Week Ending:||May 19||May 12||May 5||Apr 28||Apr 21||Apr 14||Apr 7||Mar 31|
|1.||Jul 22, 2021:||Gurlz RuLe (rebroadcast from Apr 10, 2013)
|4.||Jun 06, 2017:||Waste FM
|2.||Nov 18, 2018:||Bass Pro Shop
|5.||May 14, 2014:||A Family Affair
|3.||Aug 03, 2017:||moodswings
|6.||May 15, 2013:||Finger Licking Good
Genre: Lo-Fi, Alternative Rock
Similar artists: Girls, Current 93, Magnetic Fields
Ariel Pink takes pride in being bizarre. He originally came to the attention of the indie masses due to an album release on AnCo’s Paw Tracks. Before Today is a much better album, although there are a few decent tracks on this album. Sound varies dramatically. A few suggestive FCCs. (Reviewed: 3/9/2013)
1. 2:59 – FCC
2. 1:47 – Mediocre song from space.
3. 2:46 – If Current 93 wrote a song for a Disney movie that was nominated for an Oscar.
** 4. 3:11 – Gets back to the glory of Before Today – lovely pop song.
5. 4:21 – FCC – Nice beat to open track - “oh my god, my dog’s got hair.”
6. 5:15 – Chanting vocals over strong beat. Doesn’t really go anywhere compelling.
* 7. 4:35 - Fuzzy, plodding vocal intro. Listen to a man order a schnitzel. I’m in to it.
8. 4:35 – FCC – lots of talk about nymphos and bitches.
9. 2:10 – 70s disco track dedicated to pink slime. As good as that sounds.
10. 2:54 – Leaving North America and heading to North Korea, as far as I can tell.
* 11. 4:03 – Electronic intro (borderline videogame) with fast vocals about vacations. A grower.
12. 7:25 – An ethereal track about hanging with Nostradamus.
** 13. 4:47 – Bluesy vocals over slow drums and keys – great track!
DJ Moon Buddy
|1.||Kinski Assassin||7.||Schnitzel Boogie|
|2.||Is This The Best Spot?||8.||Symphony Of The Nymph|
|3.||Mature Themes||9.||Pink Slime|
|4.||Only In My Dreams||10.||Farewell American Primitive|
|5.||Driftwood||11.||Live It Up|
|6.||Early Birds Of Babylon||12.||Nostradamus & Me|