|Album:||Occasion For Song||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Black Swans, The||Added:||Jul 2012|
|Add Date:||2013-05-13||Pull Date:||2013-07-15|
|Week Ending:||Jun 30||Jun 23||Jun 16||Jun 9||Jun 2||May 26||May 19|
|1.||Nov 01, 2014:||Music Casserole
|4.||Jun 27, 2013:||Catharsis
|2.||Jun 05, 2014:||The Sunset Life
|5.||Jun 19, 2013:||Brownian Motion
|3.||Jun 28, 2013:||Time Traveler
Basket Of Light
|6.||Jun 14, 2013:||Time Traveler
Basket Of Light
Dedicated to band member Noel Sayre, who drowned in 2008. The musical arrangements are devoid of frills, and the slender sound seems to point to some surrounding, crushing void. Captivating. Favorites: 2, 3, 6, 9. FCC WARNING: 7.
1. (4:21)—Medium-slow. Light, pleasant musical arrangements contrast with the dark, plainly delivered lyrics.
2. *(3:00)—Slow, spare. No percussion. “What do you do when the dark is too dark to see?”
3. *(5:47)—Mid-tempo stroll. Evening atmosphere. Explicitly about Sayre’s drowning. “Nobody’s supposed to die three days before the 4th of July.”
4. (4:42)—Slow. Blues structure. One acoustic guitar, one electric guitar, no drums.
5. (2:03)—Medium-slow, upbeat. The most pop-oriented song here.
6. *(7:02)—Very slow, nocturnal, catchy. Extremely minimal arrangement and beat.
7. (5:59)—FCC WARNING (f***). Slow, laid-back, warm. Key change near the end.
8. (4:03)—Another slow, nocturnal piece. Somewhat romantic, noir-sounding guitar.
9. *(3:55)—Medium-slow. Minor key, shimmering, catchy, slightly grooving.
10. (3:37)—Slow, serene. “Looks like I made it to the morning again.”
11. (4:41)—Medium-slow, full band country swing. Mention of Ramblin’ Jack Elliot.
12. (4:19)—Slow, soft, resolved. “We all held your hand while you were trying to die.”
|1.||Basket Of Light||7.||Where Are You Tonight?|
|2.||Bound To Be||8.||Mask From Memory|
|3.||Portsmouth, Ohio||9.||Work Song|
|4.||Somewhere Else||10.||Shake Me Up|
|5.||Daily Affirmation||11.||Fickle And Faded|
|6.||Jd's Blues||12.||Bad Dream|