|Tulipomania / Whispering Campaign, The|
|Album:||Whispering Campaign, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-04-14||Pull Date:||2012-06-17|
|Week Ending:||Apr 29|
|1.||Apr 23, 2012:||Bridal Moments |
Tulipomania - The Whispering Campaign|
80s rock is spot on. Post-punkish, gloomy vocs, effects laden guitar and synth. Instrumentals reminiscent of early Cure. Wispy and whiny male vocals with fragility resembling Modern Lovers era Jonathan Richman. Even the track called “Raucous” is not as the name suggests, rather subdued.
1. Sharp staccto-y melody, wispy bitter male vocals. Fade out.
2.** Drudgey slow, melancholic and lethargic. Self-aware . Gentle tambourine taps and rattles.
3. Fuzzy distorted guitars, fragile atmosphere and vocs.
4. Urgent and consistent driving guitars and drum beat, crunchier solos, croony vocals.
5.* More fluidity, relaxed and longing.
6. Upbeat, angular guitar chords and synth.
7. A tad more aggressive, shadowy synths, angst ridden vocs.
8. Lulling wavering synth and guitar.
9.*** Hazy, slightly tense atmospheric.
10. Pained reciting self-aware vocals, slowly escalating cuts of synth in soft percussion soundbed.
11.*** Languishing vocs, tides of synth.
12. Soft, gloomier and regretful.
13. Anxious feeling, eerie unsettling vocs, dissonant synth.