|Van Etten, Sharon / Tramp|
|Artist:||Van Etten, Sharon||Added:||Mar 2012|
|Add Date:||2012-04-07||Pull Date:||2012-06-09|
|Week Ending:||Jun 10||Jun 3||May 20||May 13||May 6||Apr 29||Apr 22||Apr 15|
|1.||May 21, 2022:||Music Casserole |
All I Can
|4.||Jan 08, 2015:||Meow: The Best Of The Decade So Far (2010-2014). |
|2.||May 09, 2019:||Drive Time |
We Are Fine
|5.||Sep 26, 2014:||Time Traveler |
|3.||May 08, 2015:||Time Traveler |
|6.||Aug 15, 2014:||Time Traveler |
Slow, sparse, vocal-focused rock with a light folk touch. Songs blend together well but at the cost of some tracks feeling too similar. If listened to individually though (out of context of the album), every track is beautiful and recommended. Standout tracks: 3, 5, 7, 9. FCC VIOLATION: 6. |
1) Warsaw (2:27): Slow rock with pretty, airy vocals.
2) Give Out (4:19): Slow, folky, acoustic. pretty harmonies.
**3) Serpents (3:02): Midtempo rock, intensifies beautifully as song progresses.
4) Kevin’s (4:03): Folksy, slow.
**5) Leonard (3:48): Starts cold. Great use of subtle horns and harmonies.
6) In Line (4:44): FCC VIOLATION “shitty” at 1:46. Slow, plodding, and intimate.
**7) All I Can (4:55): begins intimate with just singer and piano. More instruments (acoustic guitar, bass, etc.) join as song gets more emotional. Song crescendos into a phenomenal full-bodied ending.
8) We Are Fine (3:49): Instrument driving the main lick might be a ukulele. Harmonies and tempo that are pretty typical of the rest of this album.
**9) Magic Chords (3:56): Intriguing drumbeat, lounge-y feel. Effective male harmonies.
10)Ask (3:22): folksy ballad, strong harmonies.
11) I’m Wrong (3:55): Slow, pretty vocal-focused track with repetitive, quiet guitar lick overlaid over a background of spacy noises that are very effective and intensify with the song.
12) Joke or a Lie (4:03): Slow; just vocals, acoustic guitar, and lots of spacy noise in the background.
|1.||Warsaw||7.||All I Can|
|2.||Give Out||8.||We Are Fine|
|6.||In Line||12.||Joke Or A Lie|