|Album:||Theory Of Absolutely Nothing, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Alex The Astronaut||Added:||Dec 2022|
|1.||Aug 18, 2023:||KZSU Time Traveler
Christmas In July
|3.||Dec 16, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler
Christmas In July
|2.||Apr 07, 2023:||KZSU Time Traveler
Split The Sky
Indie folk pop. 2020 debut album from 25-year-old singer-songwriter Alexandra Lynn. Originally from Sydney, Lynn also spent time studying physics and math and playing varsity soccer at Long Island University in New York, as well as a stint living in London. Her emotive songs tell stories about life and love, with smart and often funny lyrics while addressing serious topics such as teenage pregnancy and domestic abuse. The melodic compositions make the songs catchy, even when dealing with these types of issues.
Highly recommended: 9, 7, 3, 4, 2, 8, 6, 1. No FCCs detected.
1. (4:10) Happy Song — Starts softly and builds into a triumphant song. About overcoming mental challenges such as those caused by a breakup. **
2. (3:28) Lost — Fragile vocals over piano and simple strummed guitar. Addresses teenage pregnancy. ****
3. (4:09) Split The Sky — Quickly ramps up into a catchy tune focusing on growing up and managing life’s day-to-day challenges. ****
4. (3:31) I Like To Dance — Quiet and calm, with an optimism that things will get better. In lilting vocals, bravely tells the story of meeting the “love of her life,” but ending up in an abusive relationship. ****
5. (2:41) I Didn’t Know — Flowing and more fully orchestrated, with Alex’s trademark storytelling vocals.
6. (2:54) Caught In The Middle — Fingerpicked guitar with rapid-fire vocals and synth trimmings. Bigger choruses. **
7. (3:26) Christmas In July — One of the album’s highlights. Piano ballad with lovely reverbed vocals. Swells into a swinging anthem. ****
8. (3:22) Banksia — Another big ballad with full backing vocals. (Banksia is an Australian wildflower.) ***
9. (3:48) I Think You’re Great — Bouncy, dance-y indie pop. Throaty guitars and a cracking beat. Reassurance to a friend. Ends with the spoken words, “You’re great,” and some additional chatting. ****
10. (3:36) San Francisco — Rolling, fingerpicked closer with sweet vocals.
11. (0:19) Outro — Short spoken-word track thanking people for listening to her album.
|1.||Happy Song||6.||Caught In The Middle|
|2.||Lost||7.||Christmas In July|
|3.||Split The Sky||8.||Banksia|
|4.||I Like To Dance||9.||I Think You're Great|
|5.||I Didn't Know||10.||San Francisco|