Donald Lawrence and Co./YRM (Your Righteous Mind)/Zomba/Verity|
If you are a fan of modern gospel music then the name Donald Lawrence is a familiar one. This album is a follow-up to his "The law of confession part one" release. Unlike that one however, this CD contains several song remakes both secular and Christian. What is consistent is the high quality of the music and vocals. if you like Walter Hawkins, Myron butler, or Kirk Franklin you will like this album. Favorite tracks: 1, 2, 11. No FCC. Review by Kesha of LJH.
1. (4:45) - Up beat, foot tapping, funky/jazzy gospel choir sound with guest vocalist Dorinda Clark providing inspired vocals toward the end of the song.
2. (6:36) - Med/Slow bluesy groove with pop and great lead female vocals. A simple repetitive chorus and verse. Great horns section and shout out to musicians!
3. (5:11) - Slow ballad. Donald Lawrence sings lead vocals.
4. (3:45) - Cover of popular Walter Hawkins 80s gospel choir favorite. Upbeat and keeps original feel.
5. (2:43) - a sermonette by Bishop Tudor Bismarck).
6. (5:31) - Majestic, marching feel, nice orchestral instrumentation. Med tempo.
7. (5:17) - Ballad. remake of Shaka Khan 80s hit.
8. (5:00) - Remake of Commissioned featuring Keith Staten and Jason Nelson. Slow/Med ballad.
9. (6:27) - Slow, dramatic piano, organ, heavy with strings throughout, male lead vocalist.
10. (2:04) - Spoken intro by Donald Lawrence
11. (5:16) - Med funky groove, guitar throughout, Female lead.
12. (4:38) - Rousing Med. Choir ballad that crescendos at the 3:30 min mark, Donald Lawrence sings with help from Israel Houghton.
13. (2:15) - the overflow outtro from the previous track. More Donald Lawrence singing simple ballad.
14. (2:32) - previous track continued with adlib and freestyle lyrics with Donald Lawrence and Israel Houghton.
15. (4:52) - Spoken intro by DL, starts out as sweet ballad with female choir vocals, rises at the choruses.