|Add Date:||2006-03-19|| ||Pull Date:||2006-05-21|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||14 May||30 Apr||23 Apr||16 Apr||9 Apr||2 Apr|
Another great release from this sassy sexagenarian. “Rogamar” means “pray to the sea,” a fitting theme for a woman from the island of Cape Verde. All tracks marked by her warm, husky voice that just seems to get sweeter with age. She’s backed by a nicely swaying band with a jazzy flair, especially good piano, strings, and percussion. Guest star Ismael Lo (from Senegal) on track 4. |
*1. Sweet, warm, romantic. A low-key, jazzy little sway. Ah...
2. Light, midtempo, and jazzy w/lite choral accents & good perc.
*3. Bright, bouncy, playful. Just a happy thing.
*4. Midtempo love song to Africa. A nice, catchy duet.
5. Strings/piano/perc showcase in this lush, midtempo love song.
6. Starts slow/sad. Picks up & gets midtempo. Great arrangement.
*7. Midtempo w/a light bounce. Chorus, flutes. Sweet.
8. Slow, rich love song w/a hint of sadness.
9. Warm vocals, midtempo. Gets the head nodding.
*10. Nicely swaying, midtempo jazz. So nice!
11. Mid/uptempo w/a slight Calypso sound. Fun.
*12. It’s carnival! Fast, happy, party sound. Lots of perc/chorus.
13. Rich, slow song of sad love. Lovely.
14. Lots of strings in this midtempo song about gossip.
*15. Warm, emotional, longing. Midtempo love song.