|Neuraxis / Trlateral Progression|
|Add Date:||2006-03-19|| ||Pull Date:||2006-05-21|| ||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||14 May||7 May||16 Apr||9 Apr||2 Apr|
Neuraxis – Trilateral Progression (Willowtip)|
Technical death metal from Montreal but at the same time very melodic. The production is amazing so you can hear every detail of the fast and furious playing, the meticulous drumming and the riffs both technical and melodic. Vocals are neither screamed nor guttural but somewhere in the middle. I’m not sure what’s in the water in Montreal these days but with these guys, Cryptopsy, Despised Icon, Ion Dissonance, Necronimicon, Gorguts, and a few others they might just have the best metal scene in the world right now.
**2. Fast and super tight with some stop-n-go parts. Lots of speed changes and clearly metal.
**3. Clean individual notes on guitar to begin into a slow big metal riff. Stays mid paced and pummeling. With about 2 minutes left they double the speed and simplify the music. Nice.
**4. Modern death metal sound with multiple vocalists including Jason (Misery Index) and Alex (Despised Icon). Nice class death metal breakdown in the middle before going full speed for the last minute.
5. Straightforward technical death metal.
6. Funny intro with completely different guitar tone. The vocals are also more understandable and screamed. Melodic breakdown with a clean bass playing.
7. Clean guitar intro. Guttural vocals and another pummeling sound. They kick into a nice melodic section and the vocals switch to a high scream.
**8. Short, a bit odd, with many parts and different guitar sounds including a solo.
9. Another short one but this time with an almost acoustic sounding quiet part in the middle.
10. Starts with noise intro, into melodic metal riff. Fades out with almost a minute left
Good stuff. -mph