|Crying / Beyond The Fleeting Gales|
|Add Date:||2017-06-15|| ||Pull Date:||2017-08-17|| |
|Week Ending:||20 Aug||13 Aug||6 Aug||30 Jul||23 Jul||16 Jul||9 Jul||2 Jul|
Band self-described as “shred pop/easy metaling/arena indie”. Think twee 80s power pop with prog tendencies. Intense riffs, synths, washed out emo vox. Although the instrumentation tends to go wild the vox generally stay in the same bored and dreamy register. Consistently fun, highly recommended!|
Related: LVL UP, Allison Crutchfield, The Hotelier, Double Double Whammy
Recommended: 1, 2, 5, 8, 9
1. (3:06) *** Premonitory Dream—Sweet vox & synths lead into driving rock.
2. (3:57) *** Wool in the Wash—Closer to dream pop with some heavier sections. Watch for the sick Van Halen solo two minutes in! I love this
3. (3:10) Patriot—Tasty synths weave into some fun garage.
4. (2:37) Origin—Playful synths & driving riffs. “Restlessness becomes a weapon that is under my tongue”
5. (3:20) ** Well and Spring—Dreamy atmospheric guitars. Epic, soulful.
6. (2:56) A Sudden Gust—FCC: “fucked up”. Loud, noisy, emotional rock.
7. (4:15) There Was a Door—Poppy riffs, consistently loud and relentless.
8. (2:59) ** Revive—80s arena riffs, gets into a really nice synth jam towards the end.
9. (4:12) ** Children of the Wind—Whimsical, vocal-driven, somber track.
10. (3:42) The Curve—Outsized, hyper-excited 80s throwback with no regrets.