|Trombone Shorty / Parking Lot Symphony|
|Add Date:||2017-05-10|| ||Pull Date:||2017-07-12|| ||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||25 Jun||18 Jun||11 Jun||4 Jun||21 May||14 May|
Trombone Shorty is a N’awlins brass band vocalist who acts like a rock star. This album is pretty heavily orchestral and produced, with a few novel and masterful pieces. It’s been awhile since I’ve heard such a hit-or-miss record. Please pay attention to the *’s. No FCC's.|
1. (2:10) **** Beautiful trumpet work, quiet, solemn, instrumental dirge.
2. (4:33) *** Epic, orchestral, upbeat, driving rhythm, almost a montage feel
3. (3:47) *** Soulful, twinkling strings like a Diana Ross record, love the instrumental bridge at 2:30.
4. (3:47) **** R&B beat. Great lyrics in a catchy chorus. Dynamic.
5. (4:00) ** Upbeat N’awlins brass march. Poor lyricism.
6. (2:19) **** Solid upbeat jazzy instrumental cut.
7. (3:19) Rap beat. Terrible lyrics. Let’s forget this song ever happened.
8. (4:10) *** A great song done okay. Lame drum beat. Good lyrics.
9. (3:26) * Medium tempo swung rock. Poor lyricism. Bad backup vocals.
10 (3:12) ** A chill upbeat jazzy instrumental.
11. (3:17) *** A (better) upbeat jazzy instrumental.
12. (4:44) **** Pretty, quiet, delicate (almost-)instrumental with a driving beat.