|Moore, Thurston / Rock N Roll Consciousness|
|Add Date:||2017-05-04|| ||Pull Date:||2017-07-06|| |
|Week Ending:||25 Jun||11 Jun||4 Jun||28 May||21 May||14 May|
This album is so damn good. Long guitar tracks with Thurston’s distinctive vocals and artistic genius taking you into the wild, leaving you awestruck. Some serious Neil Young worship here. I love it.|
Related: Sonic Youth, Lee Ranaldo, Neil Young, transcendence
1. (11:54) *** Exalted—Chiming guitars, midway breaks into some dense distortion before the vox kick in. Long, classic Sonic Youth guitar outro.
2. (6:33) *** Cusp—Blinding-fast military drumming, distant hazy vox. Energetic arpeggiated riffs at times. Nostalgic in a heady way.
3. (10:17) *** Turn On—Epic, experimental track. Somber chiming guitar opens, multiple guitar lines and bass steadily enter and shift. Strong vox and steady drumbeat propel things. Deadpan optimistic, very SY.
4. (6:04) **** Smoke of Dreams—Dark, pained. Sardonic lyrics about New York. Really gorgeous guitar soloing. Chord progressions remind me a lot of his track “Illuminine”.
5. (8:08) **** Aphrodite—Grinding torturous guitars, killer drums. Gets into some freewheeling distorted guitar, then a sort of jazzy finish. What an album