|Toot Ard / Laissez Passer|
|Add Date:||2017-05-04|| ||Pull Date:||2017-07-06|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||18 Jun||11 Jun||4 Jun||28 May||21 May||14 May||7 May|
Toot Ard (Berry of the Earth) plays "Mountain Raggae", a very unique blend of upbeat Afrobeat and Arab rhythm on traditional rock instruments. This is a relatively new band from Palestine. RIYL Tinariwen, Cairokee. Electric guitar, Arabic vocals. I am a HUGE fan of every song here, and they're all quite accessible.|
1. **** (3:55) Upbeat Afrobeat. Talking about not belonging to any specific citizenship. "Your home, your country, unknown... But if you ask me, I say I play the 'Oud!"
2. ***** (4:10) Happy, epic, danceable. "Rise, rise, Sparrow! Fly high!" Romanticizing the bird. Beautiful, spacey 45 sec intro. Sax,
3. **** (3:25) "I loved you in flight, I loved you in flowers, I loved you in the sea..."
4. ***** (5:23) "In the middle of the desert, inside a tent..." Almost instrumental song, lots of great jam/solo.
5. ***** (3:47) Dynamic, fusion, instrumental, upbeat. Very Arab sounding key, Afro beat, with sax solo departure to Western jazz.
6. *** (3:20) Slow dancey, sweet. "Mountain breeze" . "What's up with this girl--that perfume piques an interest for a crazy love".