|Davachi, Sarah / All My Circles Run|
|Add Date:||2017-04-27|| ||Pull Date:||2017-06-29|| ||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||18 Jun||11 Jun||14 May||30 Apr|
Fourth LP from this Montreal-based electroacoustic artist. Four longform drone pieces devoted to a specific instrument—strings, voice, organ, piano. Patient and beautiful, these unfold in their own universe. |
Related: Eliane Radigue, Laurie Spiegel, Ashley Bellouin
1. (7:47) ** For Strings—Low, dense drone gradually reveals brighter overtones. Majestic.
2. (9:20) *** For Voice—Droning wordless vocals stretch on infinitely. Long, soft fade.
3. (5:09) Chanter—Lo-fi. Stark, unsettling piano loops.
4. (8:17) *** For Organ—Deep outer-space drone. Glowing organ tones develop.
5. (10:53) **** For Piano—Sweeping undersea ambience, subdued yet hopeful piano chords. Minimalist piano outro.