Mini-album of late 2016 live recordings from Montclair, NJ’s breakout alt-folk/semi-emo six-piece. Twangy, sunny, treacherously catchy pop songs with highly articulate and introspective lyrics. Their sound is spontaneous, warm, lived-in, and lively and features some wonderful harmonies. I love this band. Favorites: 2, 4, 5, 6. FCC WARNING: 3, 7, 8.|
1. (3:19)—Medium-fast, chugging, upbeat, shades of punk. Pretty, slow breakdown before gradual speed up.
2. *(1:44)—Mid-tempo, sweet, pretty, alt-country miniature. Lovely harmonies.
3. (3:46)—FCC (f***). Slow strut, crunchy, swinging.
4. *(5:22)—Starts slow and gentle, picks up and becomes a chugging rocker. Nice closing guitar solo.
5. *(4:49)—Slow, lush guitar jam. Turns into an angular, epic emo rocker.
6. *(4:00)—Bouncy, minimal, mid-tempo beginning. Crunchy guitar, triumphant breakdowns with harmonies.
7. (4:21)—FCC (f***). Slow, brooding. Picks up gradually. Big, major-key choruses.
8. (2:59)—FCC (f***). Mid-tempo, driving rock ’n roll.